Benefits of drinking matcha on a daily basis:
- High levels of antioxidants combat free radicals in the body
- Speeds up the metabolism
- Its high chlorophyll content detoxifies the blood and flushes out unwanted toxins
- Works as a high quality multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplement
- Contains amino acid L-theanine, improving mood and concentration while reducing anxiety and stress
- Helps maintain stable blood sugar levels
- It contains less caffine than coffee
- Overall, regular consumption can help decrease likelihood of disease, chronic illness, premature aging, mood imbalances, cognitive decline, etc.
How to make it:
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 8 ounces water at 175 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add Matcha powder to your mug or cup.
- Slowly add hot water to mix into a paste-like consistency.
- Add more hot water to fill your mug up to the desired level, stirring as you do so.
- Whisk until frothy and well mixed.
- Drink and enjoy!
Matcha is basically green tea leaves in powdered form. The Japanese have been enjoying it in traditional tea ceremonies for centuries. You can enjoy it in a mug of warm water like a tea, warm milk similar to a latte, nutritious smoothies, or healthy homemade baked goods. You would have to drink a total of 10 cups of regular green tea to achieve the nutritional potency of just 1 serving of Matcha because with Matcha powder you are actually consuming the entire leaf and all its goodness. Matcha has a pleasant earthy flavor with a surprisingly sweet aftertaste that lingers on your palate, making it the perfect daily go-to drink of choice.
Some Benefits Of Drinking Matcha On A Daily Basis
- Extremely high levels of antioxidants to combat free radicals in the body. Free radicals can damage tissue cells and DNA, causing pre-mature ageing and increased risk of disease
- Revs up the metabolism for efficient fat burning, natural weight loss assistance, and healthy body weight management
- Due to its high chlorophyll content, which gives Matcha its beautiful deep green color, it is a cleansing and detoxifying drink, purifying the blood and flushing out unwanted toxins from the body
- It acts like a high quality daily multi-vitamin / multi-mineral supplement: a good source of vitamin C, which supports a strong immune system, as well as important minerals including selenium, zinc and magnesium
- It contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can improve mood and concentration while decreasing anxiety and stress, giving you a perfectly balanced state of relaxed alertness (making it a healthy substitute for coffee)
- Helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, which can prevent conditions like diabetes, and enhance longevity.
Read the full article here.