We have found ten cabbage-centric dishes that can be made in under an hour:
- Easy and Quick Halushki
- Golompke (Beef and Cabbage Casserole)
- Cabbage Koora
- Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Ground Beef and Chopped Cabbage
- Black Pepper Beef Cabbage Stir Fry
- Spicy Unstuffed Cabbage
- Vegetables and Cabbage Stir-Fry with Oyster Sauce
- Cabbage Balushka or Cabbage and Noodles
- Thai Chicken Cabbage Soup
We all know cabbage is good for us: loaded with fiber, vitamin C, and phytochemicals that may boost the body’s natural detoxing process. It may even have cancer-fighting properties!
But cabbage is also just plain good — yummy, time-tested comfort food. A fall favorite that’s at its best in these quick, versatile recipes.
Easy and Quick Halushki
(ready in 30 minutes)
Recipe By:Laura Burger Pozdol
“Polish dish combining bacon, fried cabbage and egg noodles.”
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Snip bacon into small pieces with a scissors and cook in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Cook and stir onion with bacon until translucent, about 5 more minutes; set bacon and onion aside, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer bacon and onion mixture with drippings into the pot used to cook the noodles and cook and stir cabbage until coated with drippings. Cover pot and cook until cabbage is tender, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in noodles and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Read the full article here.