- 1 ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 3 large eggs (or 4 medium)
- 2 cups soy milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp butter, plus extra for frying
- pinch sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced thin
- 1 ½ cup raspberries, mashed with a fork
- 1 ½ cup blackberries, mashed with a fork
- 125 g nut butter
- 120 ml raw date syrup (soft dates mixed with a splash of water in a blender)
- 500 ml / 2 cups thick cream, chilled
- 150 g / 1 cup raspberries
- 125 g / 1 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
Photo Credit: Cooked.com
- To make the batter, add all the ingredients, plus 1 cup water to a large mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until you have a smooth batter. Make sure that there are no lumps of flour left. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Give it a good whisk after you have removed it from the fridge, as the flour tends to sink to the bottom.
- Heat a 20 cm / 8, preferably non-stick, frying pan on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add a few drops of oil and about 75 ml of the batter. Tilt the pan until the batter is evenly distributed. Fry for 45–60 seconds on each side, until the pancakes are golden and can be flipped easily with a spatula. Fry all of the pancakes – the batter should make about 15 – and place on baking paper to cool off. You can layer with baking paper between the pancakes to stop them sticking together.
- To assemble, pour the cold cream into a large chilled bowl. Use an electric hand mixer or a whisk to whip it until soft peaks form. Set aside. Put the cold first pancake on a cake stand. Spread a layer of thin slices of banana evenly over the top. Add another pancake and top it with about a third of the mashed raspberries. Then continue with next pancake and a third of the mashed blackberries. Continue with another pancake and carefully spread a thin layer of nut butter and date syrup on it. Add another pancake and spread with a layer of whipped cream.
- Then start all over with the banana layer. Continue until all the pancakes are covered. Top with whipped cream, fresh fruit and finely chopped pistachios.
Read the full recipe here.